Sunday 30 March 2014

The Grimm's Take on Ireland

It was my spring break after the Dublin trip and I was back in Louisburgh for Monday and Tuesday and was supposed to meet my parents and sister back up in Dublin on Wednesday.

I had to take the train back up to Dublin.  I boarded the train at 7:15.  It was a pretty new and modern train.  I bought my ticket online and when I boarded the train it had my name above the seat I was assigned so I felt pretty fancy.  The biggest struggle of the train ride was where the bathroom was.  I didn't have to use the bathroom for the first 2 hours when the train was pretty empty but with about an hour left I really had to use it but I was boxed in and the lady sitting next to me looked like she was sleeping.  So I was stuck holding it.

When the train arrived in Hueston station in Dublin I had planned out where I had to walk.  The first goal was to find a bathroom and either I was blind or Hueston station didn't have any bathrooms.  And my walk to meet my parents would take about an hour and I was about to burst.  So I started to walk and couldn't find the street I was looking for so I jumped into a cab.  I told him to get Waterloo road as fast as possible.  Waterloo road was where I was supposed to meet my parents.  Then I was making small talk with the cab driver and he actually knew the owners of the market in Louisburgh and told me tell them "Hi" from Denise from Dublin.  I guess everyone in Ireland knows everybody, its a small world.

So I finally made it Waterloo road and started to walk towards the B&B that we were staying at when my mom spotted me from with in a Starbucks and stopped me.  I didn't even give her a hug, I ran inside, dropped my bag off and sprinted into the bathroom.  I walked out and then hugged my family.  My mom said it look like I was in pain when she ran out to stop me.

They were all really jet lagged and I tried my best to find things in Dublin to do, to try and keep them awake.  We went to a museum for awhile and after about an hour, they said they couldn't even read the little descriptions below the objects.  We then stopped for some more coffee and decided to just walk around Dublin.  They finally said they were really tired at about 4:30 and we headed back to the B&B and they were all asleep by about 6 PM.

The next day we did a lot, we went to a church, the book of Kells, and got a great dinner in Temple Bar.  It was great to see my family and they will be here till Wednesday, I'm really excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment