Tuesday 4 March 2014

Time Flies! A Month Already?

I can't believe I have been over in Ireland for a month already.  Time is flying by faster than I would like but that just means that I am having a great time.  I have met many new people from my college and many Irish people.  I have also gotten the privilege to get to know the two professors that are teaching us, they are genuine and fun guys to hang out with.  I don't think I have had a bad day anytime since I have been over here.  I also can't say that I miss all the snow on the ground or the below 0 degree temperature.  Although I can say that I do miss my family and friends back at home but I will see them all soon enough.  I am still getting used to how fast the weather can change over here.  Yesterday I started an 8 mile run when the sun was out and within the first half mile it started to hail on me.  It hurt A LOT!!  Then it rain for the next mile which was fine, I find it somewhat peaceful running in the rain but the only down fall was that i was completely soaked for the remaining 6 miles which were sunny by the way.  It felt like I was carrying an extra 10 pounds on me.  The runs here no matter the weather are beautiful.  One day I felt like going on a long run and I stumbled on to a beach that was 4 miles away from where I am staying.  This is my favorite beach that I have seen since I've been here.
View on the way to the beach





 Also I have never seen so many rainbows in a month in my life.  I have seen two full rainbows but we are still yet to find a pot of gold or a leprechaun at the base of any of these rainbows.




View on the way back from the beach
This house is right next to the beach and it is the nicest house that I have seen since I have been here.  It has a room surrounded by glass on the top of it.  I asked the owner of the cottages that we are staying at named Peter if he knew who lived there.  He told me that it belongs to the owner of Ryan Air which is huge airline over here in Europe.  

Peter also told me a funny story about how he met Julia Roberts when she was staying in Louisburgh.  He went to the local bookstore to talk the owner that he knew very well.  While he was walking in the owner and Julia walked out and the owner introduced him to Julia.  Peter had no idea who she was and just said hello to her and hoped that she was having a good stay in Louisburgh.  It wasn't until later that he realized that she was movie star.  My roommates and I made fun of him for not even shaking her hand or giving her hug because that is what all three of us would have done.

Overall this first month has been great and full of great stories and fun times and I hope that the next 2 months will be just as great.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment