Sunday 13 April 2014

Illness

It wouldn't be a trip if I didn't get sick or have something happen to me.  When I visited Mexico I got pretty bad food poisoning and when I was in England a couple years ago I got an infection.  So last Monday I had a sandwich for lunch and some frozen Salmon for dinner.  I woke up Tuesday not feeling great but I went to class.  Then after class took a long nap.  When I woke up that is when the fun started, I won't go into detail because it wouldn't be pleasant for you.  Lets just say it was nasty.

I skipped class Wednesday to try and recover and get ready for our trip up north on Thursday.  Wednesday was still pretty miserable and I just wanted to be home in my own bed and not do anything. 

Woke up Thursday still not feeling great and not looking forward to a lot time on a bus and sight seeing.  I held it together though and didn't lose my stomach or anything.

Friday, was a little better and I could feel myself getting better and was more ready to enjoy our trip to Northern Ireland.

Saturday, was a great day, woke up feeling great and ready to take on the day.  It was a perfect day and was a very interesting day.  We went to a town named Derry, which is where Bloody Sunday occurred.  Our tour guide said we wouldn't have been able to be there 30 years ago during The Troubles in Ireland.  Derry, is still very much divided between Catholics and Protestants but the fighting has stopped and are peaceful these days. 

Overall I survived and learned many things about being sick by myself over in a foreign country about 3,000 miles away from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment